Radio host suspended for using stereotyped Asian accent
- Seahawks QB Wilson to join Yankees camp
- Herbstreit takes Gruden's place at draft
- Colts keep K Vinatieri to chase history
- Panthers re-hire Hurney as full-time GM
- CB Davis meets with 49ers, Raiders
BOSTON (AP) A Boston sports radio host who impersonated a sports agent on air using a stereotyped Asian accent has been suspended for five days.
Radio station WEEI says in a statement it doesn't support host Christian Fauria's "insensitive and ill-conceived attempt at humor." The former tight end for the New England Patriots was impersonating athletic agent Don Yee when he used the racially charged accent on his weekday show Friday.
Fauria says he "made a horrible attempt at humor" and supports the station's decision to discipline him.
Updated February 10, 2018