49ers claim CB Goodwin off waivers, cut WR Carter
- Owner: Saints 'unfairly deprived' of win
- McVay notes refs missed call on Saints
- NFL wants to outlaw Super Bowl prop bets
- Sportsbook credits bets over blown call
- Miami must wait to seal deal with Flores
The 49ers also signed undrafted rookie free agent defensive lineman Blaine Woodson to a three-year deal Tuesday after he took part in this month's rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.
Goodwin originally signed with Pittsburgh as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2014 and spent most of his first two seasons on the practice squad.
He played 26 games over two seasons with Atlanta with 12 tackles and two passes defensed. He also played two games late last season with Arizona and was claimed off waivers by the Giants on May 1.
Woodson had 21 1/2 tackles for loss in five seasons at Delaware.
Carter spent last season on San Francisco's practice squad.
More AP NFL: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 15, 2018