Wizards point guard John Wall returns against Grizzlies
- Machado rumored to be joining Dodgers
- AL wins in 10 as teams total 10 homers
- Bregman wins MVP for go-ahead HR in 10th
- P Hader confesses to insensitive tweets
- Warriors give Kerr contract extension
- Cards GM banned 5 weeks for extreme DUI
- NFL reinstates Cowboys DE Gregory
- Rams, WR Cooks agree to 5-year extension
- Manfred blames Trout for lack of stardom
- World Cup winner Mbappe donating bonus
WASHINGTON (AP) Point guard John Wall was in the Washington Wizards' lineup Wednesday night against the Memphis Grizzlies after missing nine games with a sore left knee.
Coach Scott Brooks said Wall would play in the mid-20-minute range, perhaps a bit more.
The Wizards (14-13), currently in first place in the Southeast Division, went 4-5 in Wall's absence.
"He such a force offensively," Brooks said of Wall. "He's a two-way player and he's one of the few guys in the league that can find open 3-point shooters going 100 miles an hour in transition."
Wall, 27, is averaging 20.3 points and 9.2 assists per game.
Updated December 13, 2017