Nuggets extend contract of coach Michael Malone
- Vols up to No. 1 in AP poll, Duke No. 2
- Pats beat KC in OT, back in Super Bowl
- Rams make Super Bowl on 57-yard FG in OT
- Payton: NFL says refs blew crucial call
- Serena tops No. 1 Halep to make quarters
- Carreno Busta irate in loss to Nishikori
- Ankle shelves Lakers' Ball 4 to 6 weeks
- Vonn to decide future in coming days
- Bucks host Mavs looking to push run to 5
- 4 2019 NFL games in London, 1 in Mexico
DENVER (AP) The Denver Nuggets agreed a contract extension with coach Michael Malone, who was in the final season of a four-year deal.
The team didn't release details of the extension, but ESPN reported the extension was for two seasons.
Under Malone, the Nuggets have gone from 33 wins in 2015-16, to 40 in '16-17 and 46 last season when they finished a spot out of the playoffs. The season came down to a winner-take-all scenario in Minnesota, with the Nuggets coming up short in overtime to miss out on the playoffs for a fifth straight season.
Malone has helped develop a young nucleus that includes big man Nikola Jokic, point guard Jamal Murray and shooting guard Gary Harris.
Denver won its season opener in Los Angeles against the Clippers on Wednesday.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 18, 2018