Blue Jackets' Ryan Murray out 4-6 weeks with broken hand
- Sharks re-sign F Kane for 7 years, $49M
- Ovechkin, Caps joyous but not satisfied
- Vegas more than bright lights to Knights
- Tampa just misses playing for Cup again
- Quinn: Couldn't pass up Rangers' job
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Ryan Murray is out four to six weeks with a broken hand.
Murray broke his right hand when he blocked a shot from the Buffalo Sabres' Tyler Ennis on Saturday. General manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced the extent of the injury Monday.
Murray had surgery Monday at Grand Medical Center. An absence of four to six weeks is typical for hockey players with this injury.
Murray has two goals and nine assists in 60 games this season. The second overall pick in the 2012 draft has 11 goals and 49 assists for 60 points in 220 NHL games.
Though injuries have plagued Murray, he was one of three Blue Jackets players to appear in all 82 games last season.
Updated March 13, 2017