Linesman Barton leaves Jackets-Capitals game with injury
- Pens hope long summer equals fast start
- Preds see no reason to mess with success
- Panthers try to make - and add - a point
- 'Hawks eye rebound from missing playoffs
- New-look 'Canes eye return to playoffs
WASHINGTON (AP) A linesman injured his left knee and was helped off the ice in Game 2 of the first-round playoff series between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Washington Capitals.
Steve Barton collapsed to the ice after his left skate knocked into a skate of Columbus forward Josh Anderson on Sunday night.
The game was delayed for a few minutes with 48.1 seconds remaining in the second period.
Barton eventually was helped off the ice by a trainer from each team.
The period concluded with just one linesman on the ice.
More NHL hockey: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated April 15, 2018