Coyotes sign Dvorak to 6-year contract extension
- Gionta retires after 16 seasons
- Caps sign D Alexeyev for 3 yrs., $2.775M
- Seattle's KeyArena renovation plan OK'd
- Canadiens give F Byron 4-year extension
- Red Wings score 3 in 2nd to down Pens
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Coyotes have signed center Christian Dvorak to a six-year contract extension averaging $4.45 million per year.
The deal, announced Thursday, will keep Dvorak in Arizona through 2024-25.
The 22-year-old Dvorak was Arizona's third-leading goal scorer with 15 last season and fifth in points with 37. He has 30 goals and 40 assists in 156 career games with the Coyotes.
A native of Palos, Illinois, Dvorak was selected in the second round of the 2014 NHL draft.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 9, 2018